Acupuncture for ICBC Claimants in Kamloops
Updated: Jul 20, 2019
Direct billing is now available for ICBC patients seeking acupuncture in Kamloops.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident on or after April 1, 2019, you are automatically pre-authorized for up to 12 acupuncture treatments within the first 12 weeks of your accident date. These 12 acupuncture treatments can be directly bill to ICBC on your behalf.
This means no doctor's is note required and no upfront payment is needed!
Many different types on injuries can occur during a car accident, whiplash being one of the most common. Watch out for these symptoms of whiplash after a car accident: dizziness, headache, neck pain, shoulder pain, lower back pain, insomnia, blurred vision, ringing in the ears, anxiety, depression, fatigue, and PTSD.
Common Questions about Acupuncture and ICBC:
1. Do I need the approval of my ICBC adjuster and a doctors' referral to receive acupuncture?
No, these are not required. All that is needed is your claim number and care card number.
2. What is the cost of an ICBC related acupuncture treatment?
ICBC will cover $105 for initial treatment and $88 for subsequent treatment, which will be directly billed to ICBC. No additional cost will be billed to the patients covered under ICBC.
3. What types of treatment might I receive?
You will receive a combination of acupuncture, cupping, and/or life style recommendations depending on your specific injury.
4. Can you combine physiotherapy, chiropractic and massage therapy with acupuncture?
Yes definitely, combining different modalities can help speed up your recovery rate.
5. What is the frequency of treatment?
It is usually recommended to have treatments twice per week for the first few weeks. Then treatment frequency can be adjusted as your body begins to heal.
6. After the accident, I began having signs of PTSD such as insomnia, anxiety, depression, flashbacks, and loss of appetite. Can acupuncture help with that?
Yes, acupuncture can help treat these psychological symptoms along with your physical pain.
7. Can children receive acupuncture if they have been injured in the car accident as well?
Yes, children and infants can be treated with acupuncture. Specialised needles are used as well as special paediatric techniques.